Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications
A large selection of the Sony Ericsson cellphones are capable of music downloads and are enabled for customizing ringtones, polyphonic and/or MP3. In fact the company’s PlayNow web service is specially designed to give customers fast accessibility to the latest and hottest ringtones with just the click of a cellphone button.
Cellphones and Core Web Applications
Two great electronics giants make up the Sony Ericsson name. The two merged to form the telecommunications giant in 2001. A significant part of the business is the cellphone market, but Sony Ericsson also manufactures other critical mobile devices such as PC cards, imaging devices, and cameras.
For the business sector Sony Ericsson provides a line of web enabled, PDA-style mobile phones as well as an assortment of Bluetooth ready headsets and in-car speakerphones. Nomadic professionals that require consistent Internet connectivity may shop the broadband PC cards that provide seamless Internet support wherever you need to go. Personal users may choose from a vast array of mobile phones from the ultimate in multimedia and infotainment to the basic models with just enough tweaks to hold your interest. Accessorize with headsets, speakers and download games and other content.
Sony Ericsson customers may shop online for mobile phones and browse by personal interest. Want to be able to take pictures or do you have a work requirement to stay connected to the web wherever and whenever?
Sony Ericsson makes two high-end business phones that combine the latest standards in wireless connectivity into a PDA-style package. The M600i is web enabled, loaded with messaging and email features, includes a handy push-to-talk feature and also gives users strong audio and video functions. Take a step up to the P990i and you get the next best thing to a mini PC with phone functionality. Total business luxury: it’s fast, gives you options for phone keypad, flip-out QWERTY or onscreen key options. The device is loaded with useful personal and business software including GPS locator and such luxury applications as Sony LocationFree.
Phones for Music Addicts
Sony was a pioneer in portable music and the company’s line of Walkman phones proves its mettle in the market. Users with a heavy need for the latest audio player with plenty of storage will find this much plus some in the Walkman models:
- W200a packages in all the features of an audio player with the software to make it PC-compatible, headphones to go private, and extra storage. Users may track select web content, download ringtones and music, and take and send pictures and short videos.
- W950i is loaded with perhaps the biggest storage—2GB of memory for unmatched audio capabilities.
- W300i is a smaller flip-style Walkman model with an additional FM radio. Bundled with Bluetooth technology and easy web access, you can take high-quality pictures and send them to friends and family.
- W610i is one of Sony Ericsson’s most recent additions. Besides the music functions, this model loads in video and a 2.0 megapixel camera.
- W880i kicks it in the storage department. Music gear heads want the most bang for the buck and with a mini warehouse of storage capacity, this takes as much music as some of the higher end audio devices on the market.
- W710i looks like the sportier model in the category. A compact flip with all the features of the rest of its class. EDGE capable wireless suited to downloads and web apps.
- W810i is the ‘Deluxe” model for multimedia mavens. Not only do you get total music control, but you also get video capabilities unmatched in another model.
- W600i is a trendy orange and silver flip with audio, gaming and video features.
- W800i loads tons of extra audio storage and gives you an advanced camera and built-in video recorder.
Cellphone users with a penchant for imaging and video will want to shop this category of Sony Ericsson phones:
- Z710i is a compact and classy model with top-notch camera and high-resolution screen that makes for a pleasant web experience. Bluetooth technology and audio player are both included.
- K550i is Cyber-shot camera and cellphone all in one.
- K790i also boasts a Cyber-shot camera with additional Bluetooth and web-ready functions.
- K510i is fully customizable from skins to ringtones. Also offers multimedia fanatics camera, video and audio muscle.
- S710a is a feature-rich swivel front model with multimedia bells and whistles including a built-in app that gives users DJ freedom to create polyphonic ringtones that offer individuality for your phone.
Phones for Chat and Text
Customers with text messaging and talk time on their minds will want the phones most suited for those applications:
- Z phones include three models from the most basic 300a to the feature-rich 520a that not only rocks in the text and video messaging world, but also packs in camera, MP3-enabled ringtones, 9-hour battery and loads of memory.
- J models 100a, 220a and 300a provide a wide range of features in flashy and colorful stick-style phones. Looking for the basics? Pick up the J100a in white or blue. If you’re for all the bells and whistles then you’ll want the J300a in pink, gray or white. It’s loaded with extra memory and also packs in some nice audio perks as well. Middle of the road phone addicts might want the extras packaged with the 220a. Make your own ringtones and customize your cell with the polyphonic ringtones already loaded.
- The T290a is all about staying connected. Web, email and conference call functions as well as a big high-res screen.