Standards in International Mobile Phones
Siemens cellphones package an international assortment of lifestyle features, including pre-packaged polyphonic ringtones, games and the latest digital camera technology. Users trick out their phones with almost any type of downloadable ringtone, from MIDI to MP3 and real tones.
GSM phones are currently much more plentiful than 3G models if only because the current standard is GSM. The standard is meaningful especially among users that travel internationally. GSM standards allow seamless coverage between disparate carriers, while 3G is the network of the future.
New Business Model Manages Rapid Growth Market
Siemens AG, the European arm of this huge electronics and telecommunications company, recently handed over its handset business to BenQ Global. BQ represents a couple handfuls of large and overflowing electronics and communications companies. The business model is akin to the African proverb: ‘It takes an entire village to raise a single child.” For example, BenQ synthesized Siemens’ mobile handset business because it had grown into an unwieldy, yet wealthy, component in a much larger corporation. Already with its hands full in another host of markets, Siemens’ wireless mobile phones business will now have all the financial and developmental resources it needs to thrive, at the hands of BenQ Global.
BenQ specializes in computer and display devices as well as mobile electronics. The company offers a large assortment of cellphones in 3G or GSM configurations. A few of the BenQ-Siemens GSM phones include:
- Siemens A62 is a snazzy stick-style that includes all the basics with long battery life, advanced graphics and pre-packaged polyphonic ringtones.
- AL21 is a youth-centric slider with intense messaging that will keep socialites humming. Tons of polyphonic tones to customize.
- The CL75 is a designer clamshell that appeals to female audiences and packs a high-end camera.
- BenQ-Siemens E61 is total music manager. Addicts can load and share MP3s, ringtones, adjust sound with the audio equalizer and snap and send photos with the built-in camera.
- Rugged outdoorsy persons or on the go business folk might like the tough and water resistant M75 and ME75 models. Packed with battery life, high-end cameras and audio players.
- P51 is the Siemen’s nod to the PDA/cellphone generation. Loaded with Windows Mobile, a GPS locator, audio music player and expandable/removable storage.
- S500 continues to appeal to the music savant. Loaded with 128 MB of storage, download tunes, share with friends, sync with your PC and individualize your contact list with ringtones from the latest R&B, hip-hop, rock and country artists.
- Siemens SF65 with swivel front looks more like a hip little camera then the cellphone it is. 1.3 megapixels packed into a multimedia dynamo.
- SL65 Escada is mobile phone bling without a doubt; a tricked-out technological lifestyle device with a big camera, high-res display and lots of memory.
3G phone networks promise an interconnected global marketplace where data and voice are inseparable. However, 3G cannot be enabled just with the just a flip of the switch. Current network infrastructures don’t support the standard, but in many international regions new 3G networks are already in use, in others they are not. BenQ-Siemens 3G mobile phones include:
- The E81 is the future of cellphone technology in a 3G world. Gather all manner of data and content unto you: surf the web, stream audio and video, manage your blog and messages without so much as a burp, thanks to tri-band functionality.
- S80 is a small, but bold flip with removable storage, camera, big inside display and enough MP3 capability to make this a multimedia powerhouse.
- S81 design is exemplary; a super thin stick style with great good looks. The S81 not only manages your life, but it also kicks in the entertainment department—camera, video, and audio player that manages multiple formats.
- EF81 is sharp enough to attend your corporate cocktail party and wicked enough to handle any video or audio you can channel.
- EF91 features an unprecedented 3.2 megapixel camera folded into this sharp little flip phone. That’s indicative of the rest of the infotainment features here: audio player, gaming interface, and video player.